The Big Give is a 36-hour fundraising campaign fueled by the support of USD School of Law donors, alumni, faculty, and friends who join together to make a BIG impact on current students, law school programs, and academic initiatives, and competitive teams at USD for which they have a strong affinity.
Big Give support comes in all shapes and sizes; it is the collective spirit of generosity that leads to overall success. We are asking you to make a gift today and to also encourage your friends, classmates and fellow USD alumni to join you in this cause. All gifts made between 9 a.m. PST on Wednesday, April 7, 2021, and 9 p.m. PST on Thursday, April 8, 2021, will contribute to the overall success of --not only the BIG GIVE Campaign but also the resounding success of USD School of Law--this year! In fact, any gift, from any individual, law firm, corporation, or group--made prior to the Big Give-- through this site will count towards BIG GIVE totals.
A BIG THANK YOU to "Challenge Gift" donations by Bartell Hotels—Richard Bartell, '75 (JD); Professor David Brennan, '03 (LLM) & The Honorable Louisa S Porter, '77 (JD); Jackson Lewis P.C.; Michael B. Kaplan, '72 (JD); Kim Koro, '86 (JD); Linden Root Dickinson—John Henkel, '77 (JD); James R. McCormick, Jr., '97 (JD); Jack McGrory, '81 (JD); The Montage Group—Erin F. Giglia '01 (JD) & Laurie G. Rowen '04 (JD); Virginia C. Nelson '79 (JD) and Mark W. Andrews; Dean Robert A. Schapiro and Dr. Lillian G. Schapiro; Former Congresswoman Lynn Schenk, '70 (JD); RJS Law—A Tax Law Firm—Ronson J. Shamoun, ’98 (BAA), ’02 (JD), ’03 (LLM); Annsley and George Strong, '74 (JD).
The Big Give is a 36-hour online campaign in support of USD School of Law. Last year, alumni, friends, and faculty generously supported the Big Give raising more than $341,000 in benefit of scholarships and academic programs. Gifts made during the 2020 Big Give Campaign critically sustained law students during the initial weeks of the COVID-19 pandemic. This year's 8th Law School Big Give campaign holds the promise of a brighter future for everyone at USD School of Law, kicking off with the Big Give Bash, hosted by RJS Law-A Tax Law Firm, on April 6, 2021, followed by two days of online fundraising beginning April 7th through April 8th, 2021.
There is so much that alumni, friends, faculty, and staff can do to support the students of USD School of Law. It is our hope that you will join together to make this giving day impactful for the future of current law students. Now more than ever, please take a moment to consider how you can help, by supporting student scholarships, Public Service Summer Law Student Fellowships, Legal Clinics Fellowships or by contributing to USD's efforts to increase diversity at the law school. You can be sure that your sincere act of generosity during this year's Big Give will make a real difference.
Let's make the 8th annual Big Give a Big Success. Join your fellow alumni and friends and make a gift to USD School of Law!
Your gift to USD School of Law makes a big impact for our students, programs and the future of the law school. No matter the size or designation, your support plays a role in the future success of USD School of Law.
You have the option of giving to a variety of areas at the law school. The area you choose to designate your gift will receive 100 percent of your contribution; your gift will support the area of greatest need within your designation.
The highest fundraising priority is raising money for:
• Public Service Summer Law Student Fellowships — Gifts to support fellowships are essential as we work to address the growing interest in unpaid internships in the area of public interest practice. Further funding is necessary to enable USD to meet our commitment to many students who come to our law school and want to make a difference pursuing public interest law as well as to keep USD competitive with our peers in recruitment and placement results.
• Legal Clinics Fellowships — USD School of Law's free legal clinics offer assistance to underserved members of society while providing opportunities for students to learn first-hand from highly skilled attorneys and interact directly with actual clients. Clinical Fellowships further enhance the experience of law students, while also addressing insufficient employment opportunities available to students during these unprecedented times.
• Student Scholarship Fund — used to make sure that no student is ever priced out of a legal education.
• Legal Clinics —to support the legal clinics that provided over $3.5M last year in pro-bono legal services for those who cannot afford legal representation.
• Children’s Advocacy Institute —providing comprehensive policy support for vulnerable children.
TAKE ME OUT TO THE BIG BASH!
Join your USD School of Law home team and new dean, Robert Schapiro, at the kickoff Bash for the Big Give on Tuesday, April 6th as we celebrate alumni, donors, and friends, in a lively virtual environment. Socialize with faculty/law students, network with law firm partners/associates, and enjoy the company of fellow law alumni, while cheering on the future of USD School of Law!
So put on your jersey and join the team with host Ronson J. Shamoun, '98 (BA), '02 (JD), '03 (LLM) of RJS Law-A Tax Law Firm. Also on the roster for the evening will be USD School of Law alumni rookies–graduating law students and scholarship recipients.
This year’s silent auction at the Bash promises to hit it out of the park! Check out a Spring Training preview of our fun packages:
*4 Tickets to a Padres Game
*Dinner with the Dean for 12
*USD Wine Classic Basket
*Movie Lovers Basket
*The Ultimate USD School of Law Fan Basket
*"Get Your Coffee Fix" Basket
*The Mighty Mixologist Basket
*I Scream for Ice Cream Basket
*And Many More. . . .REGISTER HERE